We would expect the successful candidate to have a minimum of 10 years plus experience in mechanical HVAC engineering and have worked their way up from Apprentice to Project Manager level to support a high profile Healthcare project based on site within North London with a project value of up to £2m plus.
The PM role is to manage the efficient and economical execution of contract/s under the main contract conditions to produce the maximum return to the company to promote possibilities of repeat work with clients and consultants. Work in conjunction with the projects team to ensure construction is carried out accurately; that quality is maintained; records are kept; abortive or defective work is avoided and that at least satisfactory progress is achieved. Provide advice, guidance and support on such matters to the projects team, both during the pre-construction and construction phases.
– Responsible for ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality matters are managed on all project sites under their control.
– Providing pre-construction input to meet all contractual requirements.
– Assist the Senior Projects Manager to plan for and allocate appropriate resources as required by the site management teams.
– Input to the evaluation process of sub-contractors, and advising the senior projects manager and the procurement manager accordingly.
– Ensure all weekly and monthly reporting requirements are met by the site and project management teams and communicated to the relevant Managers.
– Provide immediate and early warnings to the senior projects manager on problem issues and potential major over spends as soon as they occur.
– Close liaison with all other members of the contract team responsible for delivering the project on time and within the budget and to the required standard as set out in the contract.
– Fully conversant with MS Excel and MS Project.
– Have a track record in education, health, commercial construction sectors
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent organisation and time management skills
– Able to work well under pressure
– Team Player
– Proactive and accountable attitude
– Results focussed
– Works well under pressure and fixed deadlines
– Stable employment history
– Previous experience of managing between 3-5 Project’s at any one time
– Managing single site projects up to the value of £2m
– Project Planning
– Project Execution
– Project Coordination; Coordination Drawing Production
– Project Commissioning & Handover
– Managing Subcontractor
– Managing Direct Labour Force
– Project Cost Control
– Project Cash flows
– Project Valuations
– Subcontractor Cost Management, Monthly Certification & Payment
– Pricing & submitting Variations/ Change Orders & maintaining Variation / Change Order Schedules
– Final Account Preparation, negotiation & agreement
– Have a full understanding on H&S
– Administer the O&M documentation/completion process
£50,000.00 to £70,000.00 depending on skills and experience